Monday 23 April 2012

Visual

At first, I wanted to produce a series of visuals based on the thumbnails, but as time has become an issue, and noting from other illustrators who design an image based on one visual only, I will be a straight-shooter, and set off for one, tighter visual. This will allow me to just start off picking the cream of the crop from the thumbnails and tweak from an earlier stage.
As you can see, I wanted to get the feel of the paintings made at the period of the American Revolution, such as "Crossing the Delaware" or "Prayer at Valley Forge" (for reference, check page 57 on sketchbook). At the same time I wanted the image to convey the movement and actions to appeal to modern viewers and to simulate the style of Frazetta's work with the human form.

No comments:

Post a Comment