Saturday 25 February 2012



This is another Photomanipulation exercise.“Photo manipulation is the application of image editing techniques to photographs in order to create an illusion or deception (in contrast to mere enhancement or correction), through analog or digital means. . I wanted my illusion to start developing a theme to run through this project, and to do that I had to start having a look at the use of exchanging textures to achieve my chosen theme: anthropomorphism.
The 'Illusion' here was to use Arnie and mr. Bear to come up with some creature that resemble bear-like feature whilst having the physical abilities of people. for this exercise I easily enough started with cutting and selections much like the previous exercise. Then, instead of turning to brushes, I used this tool- the Stamp clone. It recreates a part of an image, onto another area. I've previously used the stamp to stretch out textures across a canvas when the resolution was too small, and that's how I came up with the idea for it. I used darker and lighter areas on the bear's fur, and using selection to restrict the stamp, I etched out the figure's muscular tones out of the fur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment